Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Welcome from the Principal
A warm welcome to Harris Academy Sutton. I am delighted to be leading this purposeful and ambitious school which will always strive for academic progress alongside personal wellbeing. It is our aim to provide a fulfilling education to the young boys and girls of Sutton that endures long after the exam results have been published.
We will work hard with the community we serve to ensure that all of our students:
- feel equally secure and valued
- access the challenges necessary to reach their full potential
- move out into the world with a wide range of interests to enrich their lives
- understand the roles that science and scientific thinking can play in human development
- develop the personal character traits that will see them succeed in whatever they seek to do in life
- leave our Academy ready to contribute something new to the world
As an Academy we ask that our students are open to new ideas, demonstrate an understanding of what it means to be true to themselves and always remain hungry for a deeper understanding of the world they will eventually inherit.
This Mission Statement represents a significant challenge. My work at Harris Academy Sutton is to ensure that all engaged with the Academy meet these aims in order to enable our students to stand toe-to-toe with whatever the 21st century has in store for them.