Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Coronavirus Protocols & Information
The purpose of this page is to inform you of what to do if your child or anyone in your household develops any symptoms of coronavirus and the steps that the academy has in place to support you.
We have created an easy to follow flowchart to explain the actions we must all take if symptoms of Covid-19 arise in any member of the Harris Academy Sutton community (immediate and extended) and the actions that will follow.
We have also included links to the safety measures we have in place now that we have reopened alongside details of some small changes to our Behaviour, SEND and Curriculum Policies that we have amended to take into account the current situation.
There is a lot of information contained here. If you need help with dates, isolation periods or just need some advice you should look to the government guidelines and if you have any further questions you can call the Academy for help.
It is important that your child does not come to the Academy if:
- They have symptoms of Covid-19
- Anyone in their household has symptoms of Covid-19
- They have returned from a country on the government Travel Restrictions Website
Please inform us of your child's absence by completing this form.
What are the symptoms of Covid-19?
The symptoms to look out for are:
A new continuous cough
- Coughing a lot for more than an hour or 3 or more episodes in 24 hours
A loss of taste or smell
- Cannot smell/taste, or things smell/taste different to normal
A high temperature or fever
- Hot to touch on chest or back
What to do if your child develops symptoms:
At the Academy:
If your child develops symptoms whilst in school, we will sensitively isolate them in our Medical Holding Room and ask you to come and collect immediately.
If your child develops symptoms at home, you should not send them to school. You should inform us of the absence and let us know that you suspect the symptoms are those of Covid-19.
What happens next?
- In both the above cases your child should then isolate at home.
- You should book a Covid-19 test here for your child and let us know the results as soon as possible.
- Members of your household should also isolate.
- Inform us of your child's absence by completing this form.
Test results and next actions
Positive Results (your child has Covid-19)
- If the results are positive you will need to continue to isolate your child for 10 days
- Members of your household will need to isolate for 14 days from the date of the first symptoms.
- Our medical team will provide you with the exact dates you need and support you with this process. Guidance can be found here
Negative results (your child does not have Covid-19)
- If the results are negative your child and your household can stop isolating immediately.
- Your child can then return to the academy when they are feeling better.
What to do if someone in your household has symptoms of Covid-19
- If someone in your household or within your support bubble has Covid-19 symptoms you will need to isolate your child and they should not come to school.
- We advise that the person with symptoms should then look to take a test as soon as possible.
- If the result is negative your child can return to school.
- If the result is positive your child will need to isolate for 14 days from the date that your household member first had symptoms.
Further guidance is available here: