Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Our Learning Ethos
At Harris Academy Sutton we are determined to meet the demand from parents in this part of the borough for secondary education with energy, drive and ambition.
- A personal best culture in which parents are confident their son or daughter is being fully stretched and developed
- Emphasis on the traditional values of good manners, strong discipline and smart uniform – as well as the best of modern teaching methods and technology
- Teaching that is consistently good and outstanding
- An Academy that nurtures strong interpersonal skills and the aspiration to be successful
- The support and structures to inspire the best in every student, whether they need to be stretched, are struggling, or are somewhere in the middle
- An admissions system that welcomes students of every academic ability
- A culture of involving parents fully with their children’s education and school life in general
- A smart, neat and affordable Academy uniform
- Students and staff that become established as trusted and reliable faces in the local community
- Active support from the Harris Federation, a charity with a clear track record in developing outstanding schools
There will be a House System, with every student being assigned to a House on their first day at the Academy. There will be healthy competition between Houses though sport, academic achievement and positive contributions to Academy life. This structure is operated at every Harris Academy and it promotes a sense of belonging and a spirit of fun within each student’s education.