Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Performing Arts is a subject that allows students to discover their expressive skills taught through practical exploration. The lessons offer an array of opportunities and benefits to the students as they develop their personal and vocational skills. We are fortunate to have state of the art studios and equipment allowing us to produce the very highest quality of training and productions. As a department it is our hope that all of our students are able to:
- Build a love and appreciation for the Arts
- Discover and explore new skills that will help to overcome challenges
- Develop their confidence and key skills such as teamwork, leadership and compassion
- Gain numerous performance opportunities that they feel proud of
- Understand the positive impact that Performing Arts can have upon their wider life
Our department strives for students to learn in a supportive and motivated environment that will allow them to discover new talents and feel confident in expressing themselves through a curriculum that reflects the GCSE content.
Students in year 7 will be introduced to a wide variety of styles and genres including:
- Dance styles and the history of dance
- Pantomime and character work
- Musical Theatre
- Stage craft
Following on from the strong grounding provided in year 7, our year 8 students will further develop their skill set in acting, dance and musical theatre. They look more closely at practitioners and the concepts behind their work using these to develop their own practical skills. They are offered further performance opportunities with an expectation to present their own devised work to small audiences.
Students in year 8 will focus on:
- Musical Theatre
- Dance technique