Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Science is a way of studying and understanding the universe in which we exist, developed over time and in many cultures. We teach essential aspects of the knowledge, methods, processes and uses of science.
Our Science curriculum supports our Academy values.
- Testing theories and looking for alternative explanations.
- Building links with the wider scientific community, especially in the field of medical sciences.
- Helping pupils to develop as independent and collaborative learners, respecting everyone’s contribution.
- An evidence-based approach to enquiry.
- Encouraging pupils to recognise the power of rational explanation.
- Developing a sense of excitement and curiosity through an enquiring and investigative approach.
We hope to kindle the spirit of enquiry expressed by Albert Einstein, who said, "The important thing is not to stop questioning… (We) cannot help but be in awe when (we) contemplate the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvellous structure of reality."
At Harris Academy Sutton, we offer a high-quality science education which provides the foundations for understanding the world through the specific disciplines of Biology, Chemistry and Physics. The essential skills of working scientifically are taught throughout the course and are developed further through a series of required practicals.
Information to follow