This information is intended to provide clarity and transparency to pupils and parents or carers about what to expect from remote education where national or local restrictions require entire cohorts (or bubbles) to remain at home.
At Harris Academy Sutton we seek to do all that we can to limit the impact of learning away from the Academy on our students' learning. Where students are forced to work from home through isolation, but are well enough to work, work will be provided for them by their teachers and set via Satchel:One.
- We teach the same curriculum remotely as we do in school wherever possible and appropriate. However, we may need to make some adaptations in some subjects whenever necessary.
- We are expecting for studnets to study for around 5 hours per day if isoating at home.
- We may make use of additonal resources such as Oak National Academy lessons, video/audio recordings made by teachers where appropriate
- Some subject may set long-term project work and/or internet research activities
- If we have any concerns regarding your child's engagement or progress we will be in touch to discuss with you
- Some student smay require additional support: the SEND team sill be in touch regarding the nature and frequency of this support.
Students are expected to:
- Access Satchel each day at 9AM to review their work for the day
- Follow the instructions set by the teacher carefully, including any instructions relating to how to submit the work completed (if required)
- Complete all work set to the best of their ability
- Engage fully with assessment activities so we are able to ascertain engagement and progress
- Contact their tutor and Head of Year if they have any problems, concerns, or require additional support: this is especailly imoprtant if struggling with IT issues at home
- Contact their subject teachers via Satchel or via email if they need specific help or to request additional work